Fiscal Court: Treasurer Susan Johnson annouces retirement
The Butler County Fiscal Court met in regular session on Monday, September 25th at the Butler County Courthouse. All magistrates were in attendance.
Butler County Treasurer Susan Johnson announced her retirement to the court effective October 31, 2017. Johnson started her employment on August 21, 2006, for former Judge-Executive Hugh Evans and continued with Judge David Fields.
" We would like for Susan to stay, she has done an outstanding job, but we wish her well in her retirement," said Fields.
The position is posted on Beech Tree News. CLICK HERE FOR REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES: BC Treasurer Requirements and Duties.docx
In other business the court approved the following by 5-0 votes:
- Acceptance the Service Agreement with Kinser A/C, Heat and Sheet Metal for new units for $300/quarter to extend the warranty to 5 years.
- Final payment to Kinser Heat, A/C & Sheet Metal in the amount of $21,750.00 for remaining 15% on the work completed.
- Litter abatement payments to: Provo Rural Development - $607, 5th District RVF - $650, BCMS Girls Basketball - $556.40
- 2017/18 propane renewal rate of $1.399/gallon for Green River Museum.
- Turn the electric on in Unit 11 of the Butler County Community Development Center at the cost of $30 and water at the cost of $75
- Replace/repair heating and cooling units for Unit 4 and 11 of the Butler County Community Development Center
- Contract with VFW Auxiliary for the use of Unit 4 for Festival of Trees at the Butler County Community Development Center
- Contract with Andrea's Mission for the use of Unit 11 of the Butler County Community Development Center
- Issuing checks payable to Kentucky State Treasurer for the purchase of excavator not to exceed the amount of $ 40,000, for the purchase of tires not to exceed the amount of $800, and for the purchase of fuel tank not to exceed the amount of $ 300 plus a 7% buyer's fee for the upcoming state auction if necessary
- Appoint Darrell Elder as State Work Crew Supervisor with a pay increase to $13.45 effective 9/18/17 at the request of Jailer Rocky Tyree
- Appoint VanAaron Turgeon as Full-Time City Work Crew Supervisor with a pay increase to $11.20 effective 9/18/17 at the request of Jailer Rocky Tyree
- Accept the 2nd Reading of Budget Amendment for 2017/2018
- Monthly Treasurer Report (8/2017)
- Bills and Transfers