FISCAL COURT: Sheriff presents budget, magistrates approve several items
Butler County Fiscal Court met on Monday, January 11, at 5:00 p.m. at the Butler County Courthouse. All magistrates were in attendance: Stevie Givens, Kevin Phelps, Timmy Givens, David Whittinghill, and Dillon Bryant.
After approving the minutes for December 28, 2020 meeting, the court quickly moved through its agenda.
Butler County Sheriff Scottie Ward presented his year-end report. See complete report at https://beechtreenews.com/articles/butler-county-sheriff-activity-report...
"My budget is down about $50,000 due to Covid-19. The in-person court's lack of transportation is approximately $30,000, and serving papers brings in about $20,000 to my office, said Sheriff Ward.
Sheriff Ward said tax collection is about the same as other years. "We have about half a million delinquent as of now. A 5%penalty is included from now to April 15; then they are turned over to the Clerk's office."
Judge Tim Flener presented the Butler County Recycling /Waste year end report. See complete report at https://beechtreenews.com/articles/report-butler-county-recycling-solid-...
The court gave Judge Flener the authority to sign the County Government Application for the Kentucky Ambulance Block Grant Program for $10,000.
After discussing the county's responsibility when Covid affects employees after December 31, 2020 (Cares Act expired), the court voted to follow the CDC guidelines through March 31, 2021.
The court approved a work session on Tuesday, January 19, at 5:00 pm to discuss 2021 projects and goals.
The court approved the following on a 5-0 vote:
- Order of Affiliation with the Butler County Rescue Squad
- Accept the resignation of Karen Martin from E-911.
- First District Volunteer Fire Department 4th quarter financials
- Fourth District Volunteer Fire Department 4th quarter financials
- Bills and transfers
- Sell scrap metal from the Butler County Road Department.
- Transfer $25,000 from General Fund to Jail Fund
- Transfer $15,000 from General Fund to E-911
- Quarterly Financial Statement
- Monthly Treasurer's Settlement