Veterans Day Activities
Are you thinking about our Veterans and how we can honor them? There are several activities listed below:
1. Friday-- Nov. 9, 2012 at 9 am come out to the BCHS for the county wide Veterans Day Program sponsored by the Butler County Schools.
2. Friday evening--Nov. 9 at 6 pm the Ladies Aux. Post 5837 will honor their Veteran of the Year.
3. Saturday morning--Nov. 10-- The Butler County Chapter DAR will hold the annual Veterans Breakfast starting at 9 am at the Butler County High Commons Area.
4. Saturday afternoon-- The Ladies Aux. to the VFW Post 5837 annual Veterans Day Parade starting at 2 pm. Line-up for the Parade will be at one pm, we are asking that you be there on time and in line ready to go promptly at 2 pm.
5. The Green River Chapter DAR will hold their annual reception immediately following the parade in the Morgantown Elementary cafeteria.
“Now we have given you 5 ways to honor our Veterans , so get your floats, cars, trucks, bicycles, horses, tractors, baby buggy's or get your legs ready to walk and participate in the Veterans Day Parade,” said Jennifer Odle.
If you are entering the parade contact Dee Russ; 999-4452 or by email at email@example.com so that she can place you in the line. You may also contact Lynda Knight--999-0273 of Jennifer Odle ---999-0286. Rides will be provided for our Veterans, an open trailer or vans for those that need to be inside and still want to participate.
The men and women of this great nation have sacrificed a lot for us so take a few minutes of your day and give them the respect that they deserve. Always shake a veterans hand and tell them "Thank You."
The Parade will be canceled ONLY if severe weather is forecast and listen to BeechTreeRadio WLBQ 1570 on your AM dial for any cancellations.