Sheriff Ward presents over $62K in excess funds; Court hears Rural Secondary Road Plan for 2020-21
Butler County Fiscal Court met in regular session on Monday, March 22, at the courthouse. All magistrates were in attendance.
Joe Plunk from the Kentucky Department of Transportation presented the Butler County 2020-2021 Rural Secondary Road Program to magistrates.
The total funds available are $1,904,502. Butler County has a total of 139.3 miles of rural secondary roads. The estimated cost to maintain the roads is $4,873.48 per mile.
In other business, Butler County Sheriff Scottie Ward presented a $62,438.94 check of his excess funds to the court.
After going into a closed session, the court hired Jerry Tines as an operator for the County Road Department at $13.50 per hour.
The court approved a bid of $8,492.80 for lawn care service from Thomas Lawn Care. This bid includes mowing, mulching, insect control, fertilizing, weed control, trimming, and crab control.
The court reviewed Illegal Dump bids with Deweese Construction receiving Dump #1 for $7,150, and Hood Farms received Dump #2 for $5,400. The lowest bids were accepted.
The court approved the opening of an account, the American Rescue Plan Act at Morgantown Bank & Trust, for the $2.1 million from the CARES Act.
Ashley Reynolds from Kids On The Block requested funding of school programs in Butler County. No action was taken on the request.
The court approved the following by a 5-0 vote:
- Resolution to apply for Homeland Security Grant for FY2021 for communication devices
- Accept FY21 SAR Rescue Aid Grant
- Advertise for FEMA Road Project Repairs on Leonard Oak sites and Boss Hog Road
- Rubberized Asphalt Grant application for 2nd District Roads
- Resolution for Community Development Block Grant for Utility Assistance
- Kentucky Waste Tire Management Program scheduled for May 13 thru 15.
- Butler County Jail FY 22 Budget of $1,049,490.21 (an increase of $49,000)
- Reeds Ferry Agreement FY 2022
- Rochester Ferry Agreement FY2022
- Appointment of Pat Rhodes as the building inspector
- Bills and Transfers
- Transfer of $25,000 from General Fund to Jail Fund