Safe Storage and Disposal of RX Medication
Did you know? … Prescription drug abuse is still drug abuse.
Did you know? … You can take your prescription meds to the Sheriff’s office and they will dispose of them.
How to store prescription drugs
• Keep medication in a secure location and know how much medication is in the prescription container.
• Encourage friends and relatives, especially grandparents, to also safeguard and regularly monitor the medication in their homes.
• Keep medicine in a cool, dry place that is out of the reach of children
• Talk to your community pharmacist to see if any of the medicine you have been prescribed may have the potential for abuse.
• Don’t store medicine in a bathroom medicine cabinet where humidity and temperature changes can cause damage.
• Don’t take medicine in front of children who often mimic adults.