Fiscal Court views SOKY Jobs video, reviews bid materials, and considers trucks
The Butler County Fiscal Court met in regular session on Monday, June 11th at the Butler CountyCourthouse. All magistrates were in attendance Stevie Givens, Jonny Tuck, Chad Tyree, David Whittinghill, and Bobby Moore.
Christina Dawson of SOKY Jobs gave a presentation to the court. In the November 13, 2017, meeting the court accepted the SOKY Jobs proposal for $19,500.
The SOKY Jobs proposal stated the scope of work would include:
- Custom webpage to act as a landing platform for digital advertising that will be used to promote Butler County across the region and beyond as a desirable place to live, raise a family and (or) retire.
- Film and produce a five-minute video to spearhead the promotion.
- Still photography will be utilized to capture images of Butler County landmarks, schools, and overall community to use on the website.
- Advertise Butler County community profile nationwide through Facebook, Instagram and Google.
- Provide all Butler County businesses one basic job post on SOKY Jobs.com for free.
Dawson shared the five-minute video produced by her company. The video will soon be shared with the community thru facebook. The Court approved the second installment of $4875 to be paid to SOKY Jobs and gave Judge David Fields the authority to sign an addendum to the contract.
In other business, Judge Fields asked the magistrates to review the 2018-2019 Bid Advertisements for County Materials.
Amanda Arnold presented the Big Muddy Watershed Conservancy District tax rate and budget. Shane Wells presented the Butler County Conservation District budget.
Judge Fields appointed a committee consisting of Chad Tyree, David Whittinghill, and Ladonna Nave to review the Butler County Policies and Prodcedures manual and report back to the court.
The court approved the following by a 5-0 vote:
- Pay $100 for replacement of Charlie Brown's cell phone
- $7,500 to purchase a 2008 Ford truck for the Butler County Jail
- Accept bids for a 2018 Dodge Truck for the County Road Department
- Open a new accounting fund for E-911 Dispatch
- $1,700 to BRADD for Aging Services Program
- $637 to Butler County NSDAR for Litter Abatement
- Accept a $1,000 Spay and Neuter Grant
- $1,889.38 to Star Construction for overpayment
- Transfer $25,000 from General Fund to Jail Fund
- May 2018 monthly treasurer's settlement statement
- Bills and transfers
You can watch the entire meeting on Beech Tree News facebook page.