Fiscal Court: 2020 Census, Tax Rate, and Roads
The Butler County Fiscal Court met in regular session on Monday, August 12 at the Butler County Courthouse. All magistrates, Stevie Givens, Kevin Phelps, Timmy Givens, David Whittinghill, and Dillon Bryant were in attendance.
Julie Trovillion, with the Kentucky Bureau of Census, presented a proclamation for the 2020 Census which was signed by Judge Tim Flener to help promote participation in the 2020 census.
Butler County Sheriff Scottie Ward presented the 2018 property tax, mineral tax, and franchise tax settlement. The court approved.
The court adopted the 2019 tax rate of 7.9 for real estate, lowering the 2018 tax rate of 8.0 per $100 of assessed value. The compensating tax rate was 7.6.
The court approved appropriations of $2,500 for the Butler County Art Guild and $2,500 for United Way 211 for 2020.
The court approved the following by a 5-0 vote:
- 5th District Fire Department Financial Statements and insurance reimbursement of $236.95
- A resolution designating Butler County Industrial Development Authority to receive funds.
- Dennis Lasiter to seal and stripe the courthouse and jail parking lots $1,370
- Payment to Deweese Concrete for illegal dump removal on King Road $10,700
- Litter Abatement checks for Reedyville Rural Development $500, Butler County Education Foundation $500, Reedyville Lodge $603, and Morgantown Church of Nazarene $500
- Payment to Williams Flooring Center for $1,094.46 for PVA office
- Blacktop surface for Hidden Valley Road $50,000 and Flat Rock Road $35,526
- Roads for the Flex Program CLICK HERE FOR ROAD DETAILSFlex Fund Roads.pdf
- Placing Paradise Road on the County Road Maintenance - the hearing will be held September 9, 2019, at 4:15 pm at the courthouse
- Surplus property from the fiscal court and Butler County Clerk's office- Surplus Auction will be held on August 30, 2019, at 3:00 pm at the County Barn
- Treasurer's monthly settlement
- Bills and transfers
The court went into closed session.