firehouse pizza banner

Farm Bill Sign-Up Period in Full Swing

Farmland owners with cropland have the opportunity to update their FSA yields and reallocate their base acres under the current farm bill.  Landowners have until late February 2015 to make changes and they can get assistance making these decisions at the extension office if they want help.  Appointments, in two hour blocks, are available to interested landowners by calling the Butler County Extension Office.  Landowners need to know their current FSA base acres and cc yields, and their actual planted acres and yields from 2008 through 2014 to make the most informed decision for their farm.  FSA can also provide landowners with their base acre reallocation, but landowners need to contact FSA and request it.  There are web based decision tools for those that want to use them in their decision making process.  

For more information, contact the Butler County Extension Office at 112 E GL Smith Street, Morgantown, or call 270-526-3767.


By Greg Drake II, County Extension Agent for Agriculture and Natural Resources


Educational programs of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service serve all people regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin. 


Bookmark and Share