Clerk, Sheriff budgets presented; work continues on community development center
Butler County Fiscal Court met in regular session on Monday, November 27th at the Butler County Courthouse. All magistrates were in attendance: Stevie Givens, Johnny Tuck, Chad Tyree, David Whittinghill, and Bobby Moore.
Butler County Clerk Sherry Johnson presented her 2018 Budget Estimate and Annual Order setting the maximum amount for deputies and assistants.
CLICK HERE FOR BUDGET Clerk Budget.pdf
CLICK HERE FOR ANNUAL ORDERClerk.pdf
Butler County Sheriff Scottie Ward presented his 2018 Budget Estimate and Annual Order setting the maximum amount for deputies and assistants.
CLICK HERE FOR BUDGETSheriff Budget.pdf
CLICK HERE FOR ANNUAL ORDER Sheriff Deputies.pdf
Donald McDaniel addressed the court concerning the Carl Staples Road. In an attempt to get electric to his former homeplace, McDaniel was seeking permission to cross land joining his property. However, it was determined the property in question was not county property.
The court approved a donation of $1,250 toward the purchase of a historical marker in Suffolk - the first town in Butler County.
Several items were approved for the Butler County Community Development Center:
- Approved a quote from Ensafe for $1,250 to complete the asbestos testing for the Community Development Center.
- Turning on the parking lot light for $35 hook-up and $18 per month
- Turning on water in Unit 4 for $75
- Turning on electric in Unit 3 for $35
- Payment to Kinser Heat A/C & Sheet Metal for $26,534
The court approved the following by a 5-0 vote:
- Bills and transfers
- Transfer of $25,000 from General Fund to Jail Fund
- First reading of Ordinance Regulating Buildings within the Breach Impact Areas of Dams located within the Mud River Conservancy District of Butler County
- Appointment of Extension District Board Members
- Payment of $9,750 to SOKY Jobs
- Payment to Kinser Heat A/C & Sheet Metal $ 6,150 for heaters for Animal Shelter (donation funds)