Butler County Chapter NSDAR Community 2020 Literacy Challenge
The Butler County Chapter NSDAR once again received awards from the KSDAR Library committee for the group’s literacy efforts. Chapter members were recognized for completing books from the approved list, with some members completing the entire list of books.
Each year the Kentucky Society Daughters of the American Revolution librarian compiles a list of recommended books for the ladies to read, many of which have historical content. The Butler County Chapter librarian Laura Crafton would like to invite community members to join us in reading from our 2020-2021 list. Many of the books are available at the Butler County Public Library, online as an eBook or for purchase from amazon.com or other sellers.
KSDAR READING LIST 2020-2021
1. Anderson, Laurie Halse. Chains. ; 316 pgs.
2. Clayton, Meg Waite. The Race for Paris: A Novel; 336 pgs.
3. Franz, Laura. An Uncommon Woman. ; 384 pgs.
4. Furman, Lucy. The Quare Women. ; 160 pgs.
6. Popham, Mary. The Wife Takes a Farmer; 290 pgs
7. Richardson, Kim Michele. The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek: A Novel; 320 pgs.
8. Armstrong, Cassie Chambers. Hill Women: Finding Family and a Way Forward ...; 282 pgs.
9. Buchanan, John. The Road to Charleston: Nathanel Greene 334 pgs.
10. Decker, Juliee. Enid Yandall: Kentucky’s Pioneer Sculptor. ; 408 pgs.
11.Cassidy, Tina. Mr. President, How Long Must We Wait? ; 304 pgs. (about Women’s Suffrage Constitutional amendment – 100 years ago)
12. Clark, Linda Fay. Coming Home to Wiswell. ; 79 pgs.
13. Freehling, William W. Becoming Lincoln. ; 384 pgs.
14. Greenberg, Amy S. Lady First: The World of First Lady Sarah Polk. ; 432 pgs.
15. Inskeep, Steve. Imperfect Union: How Jessie and John Frémont Mapped the West…; 480 pgs.
16. Jabour, Anya. Sophonisba Breckinridge: Championing Women’s Activism in …; 408 pgs.
17. Moore, Constance J, and Nancy M. Broermann. Maria Longworth Storer: From Music .. ; 365 pgs.
18. O’Brien, Keith. Fly Girls: How Five Daring Women Defied All Odds and ...; 384 pgs.
19. Orlean, Susan. The Library Book. ; 337 pgs.
20. Roberts, Cokie. Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation. ; 382 pgs.
POETRY AND SHORT STORIES
21. Keaton-Wilson, Sandi. No Shroud of Silence: Poems and Stories. ; 168 pgs.