firehouse pizza banner

Back to School: Immunizations and Physicals

In order to enroll in any Butler County School, all students must have a valid Kentucky Immunization Certificate.  The certificate must be updated upon expiration and kept current at all times.  Parents are notified by the school when their child’s certificate expires.  Parents can have the certificate updated by taking their child to the local health department to receive the needed immunizations.  Please contact the local health department in advance for an appointment (526-3221).  For immunizations, local health department hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by appointment only. All kindergarten and sixth grade students are required to have a physical exam before enrolling in Butler County Schools.   Kindergarteners must have dental and vision exams as well.
Hey Moms, it is almost time for school to start back.  And for those of you who have kids starting kindergarten or sixth grade, it is time for back to school physicals and shots.  Everyone wants their child to be ready on the first day of school so don’t forget to call your doctor’s office or local health department to schedule your child’s appointment.


Bookmark and Share